Sunday, January 19, 2020

Product Design Process

For the product design, it is a tiny, portable cap that can transform into different hats. It is small so as to distinguish it from a regular cap.

(Click to enlarge the images!)

The design choices are 1) a plain, tiny cap, 2) a tiny cap in a semi-opaque sphere, and 3) shape variations of what's encasing the tiny cap.

The size could be from a marble's size to an apple, but to be balance visualisation and practically, I think as big as an apple is ideal.

References and inspirations:


Solosis by Pokémon.


The cap inside a sphere is quite a clever design because it is very like a cell, or a stem cell specifically. Stem cells are special human cells that have the ability to develop into many different cell types, from muscle cells to brain cells. Like the product that can transform into a lot of different hats.


3 comments:

  1. I like the idea but it would help readers if you add references or drawings of the different hats it can transformed to and the process how it transform. Good job on the design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is valuable feedback, thank you! I do plan to detail the transformation sequence as well as different hat designs later on once the character design and storyboard is fixed, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. to My gay
    hmmmmmmmm, I wonder how you can show the hat switch or have you change your idea? what so ever. Anyway in the case it is the same idea I think how can the hat can be changed is there any button? or what if this like how Ben 10 watch switch in between each other? Back to the product I think this is a very creative idea and it is easy to be done. Good job
    your gay Brian

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or feedback if there's any!