Friday, February 28, 2020

Character Texture and Material Settings


12 comments:

  1. HI Brian hey,
    And Good job for all the hard work with material explore I like it so much, The post are profession and detail. I like to see this kind of post if I am a student( which I am).
    Just saying I feel like over all this post is lack of personal, like I feel like it can be more about how you felt with overall what you have tried and how you feel after all or in another word less lecture feeling. The reason I think it good to keep your personal witting in your post is to make people understand you more like what kind of person you are and how you THINK(this is important). Yes, just a little thought but this is one of the nicest sheep I have see keep the good work<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I agree with you! For the purposes of this specific post (and the posts similar to this one, like the Modelling one), I want to keep it purely descriptive. A documentation, if you will. Later on after the whole project is finished I would type up a much more personal reflection on my workflow. But for now I am content to leave this post as it is. I don't want it to drag too much with my thoughts as this is not a very complex example of texturing and setting up the material.

      Delete
    2. I see your point and I believe this is what stop me make post for now, as I think too much about what I want to say but never do any thing. I think I gonna make something similar with what you have, for the sick of efficient.

      Delete
  2. Hi Danny!

    I think you have done an amazing job of making very convincing flesh.

    You have also made a pretty detailed post as you documented your work process. As a student specializing in 2D animation, I feel like I can refer to this like a guide to texturing a character.

    I think you should post this in a higher resolution, as some of your images get a bit blurry, especially the image you've provided regarding your node setup. I'd really like to see more of your sheep in the images above and be able to see details in the skin.

    I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments, Kenny! I'm glad the post has value for you.

      There is actually a very practical reason for me to keep the resolution quite low. It takes very long to render one frame at this resolution, at around 15-30 minutes. I would definitely render out a higher quality next time, for my actual portfolio, not just a WIP/tutorial kind of post! So look for it next time, especially when I post my finished promo poster!

      Delete
  3. Wow Danny I must say I really love the colours on the 3D model, it looks amazing. The warm oranges and blush is really great. The anatomy of the head is on point, and it looks very professional. Only one thing I notice and I may be nitpicking but the front hooves and back hooves are a different colour. Also i am very curious to see how you are going to create the wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danny!
    Wow your model looks absolutely stunning!I know that this was your main focus for the earlier part of this semester so its great to get your character done and over with. I would really love to see your storyboard to see how your story would flow and see this lovely character in action! Also your Ident was just perfect, really fluid and a really great way of presenting your work in GIFs! Great work so far,cant wait to see how your work progresses :)
    -Nur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    from my prespective, your model looks good, but you can add some certain detail in the future, like bit fur in hi body, sapi should have some fur, and a bell around his neck. and the is something i point out, the hoof should be the same at the hand finger and the toe,and pair of tanduk, just emphasize that he is a cow. the uv sheet is good. that's from my opinion. overall is a good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Danny,

    I love the detail and the showing of each displacement maps, bump maps, ect, and the final outcome of the model.

    But I feel like this is too much images and small notes. Feels more like Steps on how to make this, This reminds me of the Notes we used to have from Ken ��.

    Maybe you should have small notes on how you went through each map and or any problems faced during the making of each map.

    But love your final texture. I know you finished the Xgen Fur. Do post that soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Danny!

    You are doing a lot of work that is focused on the character and it looks amazing! I also remember seeing you character having the fluff already and it looks smooth and clean!

    What you probably could do next (apologies if I mention something out of context about 3D and that others mentioned) is your process with the fluff and have their hooves fixed, since they are very different with eachother.

    Again, amazing work and good luck with the rest of the modelling!
    ~ Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or feedback if there's any!