Friday, March 27, 2020

TVC Poster!

SKETCH


Three main variations. First sketch is the most generic, poster-for-commercial layout. The last two is more of the idea that I wanted to do. After some deliberation and feedback, sketch #3 was greenlit to go.


CONCEPT FINALISATION


Value and colour mapping of the poster. Most crucially the font choice and the sizes of the logos and other extras. 
The third is the final iteration and is greenlit to be produced to a fully rendered poster.


RENDER PASSES


Render stills, scene using MAYA 2018 and rendered using Arnold (MtoA).
From left to right: 01 Beauty pass, 02 Ambient Occlusion pass, 03 Composite of ao on multiply.
It appears that the secret of hair/fur is in the ambient occlusion!
(Maya crashed about six times from an XGen related error. Sucks! Lesson learnt)


EDITING


From left to right:
01 - Layout of all raw elements + background gradient
02 - Adjust the vibrancy of the character (fur especially!), starting to airbrush some 
additional lights and shadows on the character. Also blocking of the text.
03 - Finalising the lights, shadows, and gradients so it looks more atmospheric. Added a texture 
multiply for the background for some noise. Finalising text and extras (logos, names, etc).


FINAL POSTER


With a Levels, Gradient Map, Color Balance, and Selective Color adjustment layers on Photoshop.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danny!

    Your poster looks great!

    Your sheep character really pops. I think you made a good choice by creating a glow effect against the cooler, blue background and the hat pile it is sitting on. There is an ample amount of blush in the skin of the sheep, making the flesh look very convincing.

    There's a bit of visible clipping where the hat pile is, but everything else is OK. I hope to see more from you soon.

    -Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo.

    I agree with Kenny that the poster does look really nice. it really shows everything in the brief and it has a nice simple design to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danny,

    I like your poster, it looks great!

    I think your sheep character will be better if you put some more blush in the skin, more share of red/orange color. The gradient in the background is nice, I love the texture! Maybe the darker blue will help to add some contrast in your poster, make the sheep character look pop up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or feedback if there's any!